The Dell PowerEdge R640 Rack Server is a general-purpose platform expandable up to 7.68TB of memory, up to twelve 2.5 inch drives, and flexible I/O options. The Dell PowerEdge R640 Rack Server can handle demanding workloads such as virtualization, dense private cloud, High-Performance Computing (HPC), and software-defined storage.
The Dell PowerEdge R640 Rack Server is the ideal dual-socket! 1U platform for dense scale-out data center computing. The Dell PowerEdge R640 Rack Server combines density, performance and scalability to optimize application performance and data center density.
Uncompromising performance and density for data center productivity and scale
- Dense software-defined storage
- Service providers: application tier
- Dense private cloud
Drive transformation with the Dell EMC PowerEdge portfolio
- Simplify deployment and easily scale from 3 to 1000+ nodes for software-defined storage with Dell EMC Ready Nodes.
- Maximize performance with up to 10 NVMe drives and 24 DIMMs, 12 of which can be DCPMMs or NVDIMMs
- Scale compute resources with 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, and tailor performance based on your unique workload requirements.
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded management
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%* with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erases of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly designed updates to run.
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
|1.||Left control panel||2.||Optical drive (optional)|
|3.||USB port (optional)||4.||VGA port|
|5.||Right control panel||6.||Hard drive slots|
Dell PowerEdge R640 Rack Server Rear View
|1.||PCIe expansion card slot(s)||2.||Hard drive slots|
|3.||Power supply unit (2)||4.||NIC port (4)|
|5.||USB 3.0 port||6.||VGA port|
|7.||Serial port||8.||iDRAC9 Enterprise port|
|9.||CMA power port||10.||System identification button|