The Cisco 7821 IP Phone 2 Lines 2 Ethernets Port PoE is a cost-effective, 2-line high-fidelity voice communications endpoint designed to improve your organisation’s people-centric communications, while reducing your operating costs. This Cisco 7821 combines an attractive new ergonomic design with “always-on” reliability and secure encrypted communications, all while delivering advanced IP Telephony features and crystal clear wideband audio performance.
- Ergonomic design: The phone offers an easy-to-use interface and provides a traditional telephony-like user experience.
- Graphical display: White backlit, greyscale, 396×162 pixel-based display (3.5″) provides scrollable access to calling features and text-based XML applications.
- Backlit Indicator: The phone supports backlit indicators for the audio path keys (handset, headset and speakerphone), select key, line keys, and message waiting.
- Volume control: A volume-control toggle provides easy decibel-level adjustments of the handset, monitor speaker, and ringer.
- Full duplex speakerphone: Full-duplex speakerphone allows gives you flexibility in placing and receiving calls.
- Replaceable bezel: Phone includes a black bezel. Optional silver bezel is also available separately.
- Dual-position foot stand: The display is easy to view and the buttons and keys are easy to use.
- Wall-mountable: The phone can be installed on a wall using optional wall-mount kit (available separately).
- Electronic hook switch: The hookswitch can be controlled electronically with a third party headset connected to the auxiliary port.
The line keys on the Cisco 7821 IP Phone are fully programmable. You can set up keys to support either lines, such as directory numbers, or call features like speed dialling. You can also boost productivity by handling multiple calls for each directory number, using the multi-call per-line appearance feature. Tri-colour LEDs on the line keys support this feature and make the phone simpler and easy to use.
Fixed function keys on all models give you one-touch access to service, messaging, directory, hold/resume, transfer, and conference features. A full-duplex speakerphone lets you set up clear multi-party conferences for flexible, productive collaboration.
High Resolution Display
The Cisco 7821 IP Phone sets a new standard in usability and delivers a context-sensitive user experience. It features a high resolution 3.5″ (396×162) greyscale display, with white backlighting for easy reading. Localised language support, including right-to-left onscreen text, meets the needs of global users.
The Cisco 7821 IP Phone is also more energy-efficient and eco-friendly, to support your green initiatives. Each phone supports Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) Class 1 and Cisco’s EnergyWise. A standard power-save option reduces power consumption during off-hours, to save money and maximise energy efficiency.
- IEEE PoE class 1 : The phone supports IEEE 802.3af PoE (Class 1); power consumption does not exceed 3.84 watts.
- Cisco power cube 3 :This power cube is used as a standard Cisco IP Phone Power Supply for non-PoE deployments.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- 10.x and later
- Cisco Business Edition 6000
- 10.x and later
- Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution
- 10.x and later
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- G.711a/µ, G.722, G.729a, iLBC
Key call features support
- + Dialing (E.164)
- Adjustable ringing and volume levels
- Adjustable display contrast
- Auto-detection of headset
- Call forward
- Call history
- Call timer
- Call waiting
- Caller ID
- Corporate directory
- Dial from the list
- Direct transfer
- Do not disturb
- Immediate divert
- Message-waiting indicator
- Music on hold
- Network profiles (automatic)
- On- and off-network distinctive ringing
- Personal directory
- Ring tone per line appearance
- Shared line
- Silent monitoring and recording
- Speed dial
- Time and date display
Multiple ring tones
- The phone supports user-adjustable ring tones
- The phone identifies incoming messages and categorizes them for users on the screen. This makes it last and easy to return calls using direct dial-back capability. The corporate directory integrates with the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) standard directory
Quality-of-service (QoS) options
- The phone supports CDP and 802.1Q/p standards, and can be configured with an 801.1Q VLAN header containing the VLAN ID overrides configured by the Admin VLAN ID
- Image authentication
- Device authentication
- File authentication
- Signalling authentication
- Media encryption using Secure Real-Time Transfer Protocol (SRTP)
- Signalling encryption using Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol
- Encrypted configuration files
- 802.1X authentication
- The user can configure IP address assignment statically or through the DHCP client
Physical dimensions (HxWxD)
- 207 x 206 x 28mm (exclude foot stand)
- 3.5″ 396×162 pixels
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet connection through two RJ-45 ports, one for the LAN connection and the other for a downstream Ethernet device connection like a PC
Phone casing composition
- Polycarbonate acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) textured plastic
- The phone is an interoperable IEEE 802.3af PoE (Class 1 device); 48 VDC is required; it can be supplied locally at the desktop using an optional AC-to-DC power supply (CP-PWR-CUBE-3=). Use of the power supply also requires the use of one of the corresponding AC country cords
- 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Non-operational temperature shock
- 14 to 140°F (-10 to 60°C)
- Operating 10% to 90%, non-condensing
- Non-operating 10% to 95%, non-condensing
Certification and compliance
- Regulatory Compliance
- CE Markings per directives 2004/108/EC and 2006/95/EC
- UL 60950 Second Edition
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950 Second Edition
- EN 60950 Second Edition (including A11 & A12)
- IEC 60950 Second Edition (including A11 & A12)
- AS/NZS 60950
- EMC – Emissions
- 47CFR Part 15 (CFR 47) Class B
- AS/NZS CISPR22 Class B
- CISPR22: 2005 w/Amendment 1: 2005 Class B
- EN55022: 2006 w/Amendment 1: 2007 Class B
- CES003 Class B
- VCCI Class B
- KN22 Class B
- EMC – Immunity
- Armadillo Light
- FCC Part 68 HAC
- AS/ACIF S004
- AS/ACIF S040
- NZ PTC 220
- Industry Standards: TIA 810 and TIA 920
- Industry Standards: IEEE 802.3 Ethernet, IEEE 802.3af and 802.3at
Licensing The Cisco IP Phone 7821 requires a Basic User Connect License (UCL) in order to connect to Cisco unified Communications Manager. The Cisco IP Phone 7841 and 7861 require an Enhanced User connect License (UCL) in order to connect to Cisco Unified Communications Manager.